Sunday, August 12, 2012

Invention – Multilingual Dictionary Program With All Definitions in English


This one occurred to me while I was playing Scrabble.  That is, I know of many words from other languages that I could often use to make a great play on a Scrabble board.  However, it is such that these kind of words are slowly entering the English language.  One year they may not be in an English dictionary, the next year they might be.  This creates quite a state of confusion for me as a Scrabble player, as the English language evolves to become inclusive of more and more words.  Therefore, I suggest making a multilingual dictionary computer program (if it has not already been done).  We need to face it, the end of adding new words or borrowing words to my language is seemingly without end.  It’s time we buck the trend rather than playing the guessing game so as to see if a word is a real word or not.  Thus, though it may be too big to put on a shelf as a paperback book, one could easily fit such a massive comprehensive dictionary into a reasonably sized computer program.

No comments:

Post a Comment