Sunday, August 12, 2012

Alcohol Nearby the Sea – Few Alcohol Related Businesses Fail


There is a reason the company Samuel Adams is in Boston.
The MA state coast is a Mecca for alcohol production, use, and sales. In fact, I only know of one bar that stopped serving alcohol, all the while tons of bars and package stores are everywhere here on Cape Cod!
I suggest that influence of alcohol on one’s behavior logarithmically increases when traveling toward the sea.

The theory behind this is that folks near the ocean especially feel the need to thin their blood through use of alcohol. That is, alcohol is wetter than water due to its chemical properties. At first, it seems to have great power as a thirst quencher, but it leaves you with dryness and a headache in the morning.

I suggest that seamen, well noted throughout history for alcoholism absorb salt from the air into their blood supply via the lungs, and that influences their behavior. I live near the sea. I know the smell of salt in the air. That is, living in coastal areas thickens one’s blood content due to absorption of salt simply through breathing the air.

I live on Cape Cod. I estimate that 50% or more of the Cape’s residents become alcoholics. What I have heard is that at the local churches more people show up for AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) meetings, than those who show up for religious services. It is such that the pressure to consume alcoholic beverages in my area is so prevalent, that it is next to impossible to find friends that want to get together to do anything except consume alcoholic beverages. An alternative I have found is to play cards at hobby stores.

Am I talking about instituting the Prohibition again?, not at all, I strongly believe that alcohol should be legal. Alcohol consumption is a part of my religion, and yet I do not drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment