Monday, February 18, 2013

WTF??? Does AT&T Think That I Want To Pay More for Data Sometimes?

I just looked at my AT&T Go Phone message that just informed me that I have no money left.  That is because I didn’t buy a bigger data package.  However, it would have been nice if they had warned me to buy a data package, rather than run up the dough on my phone, as if I wanted to pay more money by not having a data package.

So hi!  Let me introduce myself.  I was a happy AT&T customer because Verizon screwed me for data to a much greater extent than AT&T did though nonetheless both companies have screwed me before. 

I am a somewhat happy user of a Go Phone now, so that getting screwed to the extent of $1,000 over data with Verizon will never happen again because when my card runs out of money, that’s it.  If I was with Verizon under contract, it could have been worse.  Last I knew, you could spend yourself into oblivion with Verizon data without even a warning.

At least a warning would have helped me with AT&T.  Now, I am without my phone because I was watching a long video on it that ate up all my data.  AT&T courteously stopped me when I had spent my last cent, but they didn’t courteously tell me that my data plan had run out.  I would have liked the option to buy a new plan when the last one ran out, such that I don’t have to wait until my next check to have a phone to use.

Like Verizon, AT&T is doing bad business.  When I worked at McDonald’s if you ordered everything that comes with a value meal, it was automatic for us to make it at the value meal price.  Why?  It is good business to help the customer get deals.  That makes your business at least seem friendly.  In the same way, when your data package ends, it should automatically deny you use of data unless you purchase a data package, even if it is an emergency package that costs say, $1 for 1MB, because seriously AT&T who actually wants to spend more money on data by not buying a data package, especially without being asked!!!???

No comments:

Post a Comment