Monday, August 10, 2015

Pandora.com: How to Unlock New Music & Rarities



Many times I have found that Pandora.com does not have the latest releases, or rarities of several of my favorite bands.  I recognize that this is probably to do with money, and not to do with Pandora wishing to keep the available music to a minimum.  In fact, I think Pandora does a great job of carrying a wide selection of music.  However, for music loving people like myself, more is never enough!  If a band can make more off of album sales than with Pandora.com, then especially for new releases that band or their record company is likely to restrict Pandora’s rights to boost album sales.

So what could be a solution?


I suggest that Pandora could allow their listeners the right to put money toward allowing new albums and rarities, such that the Pandora community could have the right to listen to more music.  For instance, I have long wanted more Dream Theater releases to be available, and if I could be allowed to contribute $2 or so toward the pot, a collective pool of user funds designated for the purpose of gaining the rights to specific unavailable releases in a band’s discography, I might just do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment