Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Save a Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Tea Lemon, and Then Use the Lemon Juice for Home Brewed Tea.

I imagine the first thing that pops into your mind if you have been reading my blog is, “What’s he doing buying tea at Dunkin’ Donuts if he wants to save money?” To tell you the truth, it is usually not I that gets the tea from Dunkin’ Donuts, it is my wife. My wife likes to splurge sometimes and get an iced tea from Dunkin’ Donuts. There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, she does it so rarely that we probably end up spending about the same amount on tea. This is because I usually drink 2 or 3 pots of tea a day, where 5 bags make a pot. Though I am only spending pennies for each bag of tea, since I drink it more often, it ends up that we are probably spending about an equal amount of money. That is, unlike many Americans, my wife does not frequent Dunkin’ Donuts every day. Instead, it is that every now and then she gets a donut and an iced tea. She gets her iced tea with lemon. This is where I come in.

After my wife is finished with her tea, she gives me the lemon. I save the lemon, and squeeze out the juice into my tea. Every now and then I like a little fresh lemon in my tea, and this is one way I don’t have to spend any extra money for it.

Lastly, you could probably eat the lemon peel. If it is already squeezed, then it probably won’t be too sour. I have been known to eat my grapefruit and orange peels. In general, eating peels of fruit adds bulk for better bowels. In fact, next time, I think I’ll try eating the lemon peel.

No comments:

Post a Comment